I am routinely asked what kind of equipment I use to create my TTM videos for YouTube, so I thought I would my gear list up as a resource for everybody to refer to. If you have any questions about video or podcasting gear, please send me an email or use the contact form and I will do my best to answer them. You can also find more resources directly on Amazon in my Custom Amazon Shop.
- Card Collecting Supplies
- Video Gear
Ultra Pro Regular 3/4 Toploaders
These are the best toploaders for most of your cards. I prefer these over BCW. I tend to buy them by the case, but they are linked Here. This is a deal for 200 toploaders and 200 soft sleeves. Ultra Pro is really my go-to for almost all of my card supplies.
- Quantity: 200 Top loaders
- Keeps cards clean
- 3" X 4"
- Prevents damage
- Card size: 2-1/2 x 3-1/2
Using peel-and-stick envelopes will make it less of a hassle for your favorite celebrity to return your item, who wants to lick a standard envelope? This is a great deal on a 500 count security lined bo of 6 3/4 envelopes – perfect for your TTM “return” envelope! You can find them on amazon here
Return Envelopes (6 3/4)
- 6 3 4 BUSINESS ENVELOPES – High Quality Easy Close Office Envelopes are Perfect for Sending Forms, Checks, Invoices, Invitations, Cards, Photos, Memos & Beyond
- CONVENIENT PEEL AND STICK – User Friendly Design Speeds Up Stuffing & Sending w/ Super Strong Sticker Adhesive Already Applied; No More Gummed Closure
- HEAVY 24LB CONSTRUCTION – Unbendable White Kraft Paper Stands Up to Postal Journey; Hard, Sturdy, Professional Weight Won’t Rip, Tear, Fold, Crinkle or Crease
- STANDARD TINTED SECURITY – Extra Thick, Opaque Material, Intricate Security Pattern & No Windows Ensure Utmost Confidentiality for Private Correspondence
- SAVE MORE ON BULK SUPPLY – Stock Up & Take Advantage of Best Pricing; Choose from 250 Pack or 500 Count Box for Home, Office, School, Wedding, Etc.
Camera – Canon T7i
I use a Canon T7i for all of the video where it is me on camera. I love it because it has a flip out screen, which makes it easy to compose the shot while I am sitting behind the desk. It has served me very well.
I use a variety of SD cards for the camera, but have had the best luck with PNY cards specifically designed for HD camera.
- Shot speeds up to 90MB/s, transfer speeds up to 170MB/s [requires a compatible device capable of reaching such speeds, such as the SanDisk SD UHS I card reader (sold separately)] | Based on internal testing; Performance may be lower depending upon host device, interface, usage conditions and other factors 1MB=1,000,000 bytes; X = 150KB/sec
- Perfect for shooting 4K UHD video (1) and sequential burst mode photography, (1)Full HD (1920x1080) and 4K UHD (3840 x 2160) video support may vary based upon host device, file attributes and other factors. Compatibility - Compatible with microSDHC and microSDXC supporting host devices
- Capture uninterrupted video with UHS Speed Class 3 (U3) and video Speed Class 30 (V30)(2) | (2)UHS Speed Class 3 designates a performance option designed to support 4K UHD video recording with enabled UHS host devices; UHS video speed class 30 (V30), sustained video capture rate of 30MB/s, designates a performance option designed to support real time video recording with UHS enabled host devices
- Built for and tested in harsh conditions (3): Temperature Proof, Water Proof, shock Proof, and X ray Proof, (3)Card only
- System ram type: ddr3l_1600_sdram
I have a microphone mounted to the flash mount on top of the camera. The microphone I chose is the Rode VideoMic Pro. It has a great sound and is something I can use for other projects as well. When using the Mic, I set the gain switch to be in the middle. It took a bit of experimenting to find the correct settings, but once I did, it was a lot easier than messing with a lapel mic.
- A true shotgun microphone designed for camcorders, DSLR cameras and portable audio recorders as primary and reference audio
- The 1/2" condenser capsule provides broadcast-quality audio via a 3.5mm connector with an incredibly low self-noise of just 14db
- The Rycote Lyre based shock mounting system provides isolation from external factors that may cause unwanted rumble and vibrations
For lights I use a simple 2-point light system rather than a traditional 3. The light kit I chose is called the PBL STUDIO PHOTOGRAPHY VIDEO LIGHT KIT CONTINUOUS LIGHTING KIT VIDEO LIGHTING EZ 24″ x 24″ SOFTBOX. It does remarkable well for such an inexpensive kit. The bulbs are 5500K daylight bulbs, which helps me adjust the settings for the camera, making everything look like natural light.
- Two (2) EZ Softboxes 24in x 24in Heavy Duty Extra Thick Material
- Two (2) Fluorescent Photo Light Bulbs 5500k
- Two (2) 7ft Light Stands with Carry Bags
- One (1) Carry bag
- These are the Original PBL EZ softboxes