I am routinely asked what kind of equipment I use to create my TTM videos for YouTube, so I thought I would my gear list up as a resource for everybody to refer to. If you have any questions about video or podcasting gear, please send me an email or use the contact form and I will do my best to answer them.
Camera – Canon T7i
- INCLUDES: Canon EOS Rebel T7i DSLR Camera with 18-55mm Lens + AirBag Packable Bag and Camera Insert + SanDisk 64GB C10 Ultra UHS-I SDXC Memory Card + Altura Photo Mini Tripod with Pistol Grip + Altura Photo Rapid Fire Wrist Strap + Altura Photo Hard-Shell Case + Altura Photo Accessory Kit + 3 Sizes MagicFiber Microfiber Lens Pouch
- FEATURING a 24.2MP APS-C CMOS sensor and DIGIC 7 image processor, the T7i is capable of producing high-resolution imagery with notable clarity and minimal noise.
- FULL HD 1080p Video Recording, 45-Point All Cross-Type AF and Dual Pixel CMOS AF Systems, Body Design and Built-In Wi-Fi, NFC and bluetooth.
- CANON brand accessories included: Canon EOS Rebel T7i DSLR Camera + EF-S 18-55mm f/4-5.6 IS STM Lens + LP-E17 Lithium-Ion Battery Pack + LC-E17 Charger for LP-E17 Battery Pack + Eyecup Ef + RF-3 Body Cap + EW-400D Wide Strap + Canon Limited 1-Year Warranty
- CANON AUTHORIZED DEALER. Includes Canon USA Warranty.
I use a Canon T7i for all of the video where it is me on camera. I love it because it has a flip out screen, which makes it easy to compose the shot while I am sitting behind the desk. It has served me very well.
I use a variety of flash cards for the camera, but have had the best luck with PNY cards specifically designed for HD camera.
I have a microphone mounted to the flash mount on top of the T3i. The microphone I chose is the Rode VideoMic Pro. It has a great sound and is something I can use for other projects as well. When using the Mic, I set the gain switch to be in the middle. It took a bit of experimenting to find the correct settings, but once I did, it was a lot easier than messing with a lapel mic.
For lights I use a simple 2-point light system rather than a traditional 3. The light kit I chose is called the PBL STUDIO PHOTOGRAPHY VIDEO LIGHT KIT CONTINUOUS LIGHTING KIT VIDEO LIGHTING EZ 24″ x 24″ SOFTBOX. It does remarkable well for such an inexpensive kit. The bulbs are 5500K daylight bulbs, which helps me adjust the settings for the camera, making everything look like natural light.
Buy My Book!
Want to know everything I know about TTM, IP and Comic-Con autograph collecting? Buy an autographed copy of my book below!
(Free U.S. Shipping)